11 Things To Consider When Choosing The Right Event Management Software
The technological revolution has invaded almost all business sectors. Fortunately, the meetings and events industry has not been left behind. Today, technology is reinventing the ways events are planned and managed. And let’s be clear, we are not talking about just social media and Microsoft Office. There are other technologies like event registration, on-site badge printing, and scanning and mobile event apps that have become a trusted partner of event planners.
Event organizers around the world are using event management software to plan memorable events and increase event ROI. It is a comprehensive technology that automates all stages of event planning – from registrations to website creation, event promotion and reports on key metrics. Event management software has become an indispensable part of a successful event.
So whether you are planning conferences, tradeshows, conventions or even smaller events like training and workshops, event management software can help you plan flawless events. But how do you choose the best fit for your events? With so many event management software providers, it is easy to get lost and end up spending on something that you don’t really require. To help you avoid such a pit hole, let us look at 11 tips to remember before you choose the best event management software.
- Knowing your requirements: To choose the best event management software solution, you first need to understand the requirements of your events. Why do you need a software, what is the benefit you seek from it, who all will be using the software, etc. — ask such questions and if you get a satisfactory answer, only then take the leap of faith and invest.
- Event promotion: Nearly all event management software comes with the feature of event promotion. But not all are suitable for you. For instance, if you plan large conferences then you need a software that can reach a larger audience. On the contrary, if you plan a smaller event, then a basic event promotion feature will be good enough. Therefore, the best event management software for your event will depend upon your guest list and your registration goals.
- Pricing: Pricing is one of the pivotal factors that will decide the event management software you choose. But with several software solutions in the market, there will be no dearth of providers offering you the ‘best’ event management software at a nominal price. A word of caution: let pricing not be the only factor that decides the software you opt for.
- Event in the cloud: Most of the event management software uses the cloud to save your event information. This is the best part of this technology since it allows you to access the information at anytime, anywhere. On the cloud, data can be protected by ensuring safety measures such as encryption, etc.
- Native or internet based: While most event management software uses a cloud to store information, you should check if it is native, implying that it can also be accessed without the internet. This will help you see vital information even when you are in areas without an internet connection.
- Data privacy rules compliant: With the recent data privacy rules and regulation such as the General Data Protection Regulation, you need to understand your target audience and see if such crucial regulations apply for you. Your event management software needs to be compliant with such regulations if you want to avoid hefty penalties and lawsuits.
- In-hand customized website and app: To increase event ROI, the best event management software should allow you to create a customised website and event mobile app that is in line with your organisation’s brand. Customise your registration page based on your audience type — VIP/General or gold/ silver/ platinum. This is extremely handy when your audience types are segregated and you don’t want them to access all the information.
- Robust networking platform: Networking is one of the many reasons why people attend events. Make sure the event management software you choose has a robust networking feature that drives the conversation before, during and even after the event is over. An integrated networking platform is a charm that you should surely leverage at your events.
- User-friendly interface: The best event management software has a user-friendly interface. Every person, be it you, your attendee or your customer, need a platform that is easy to navigate and understand. You cannot expect your users to have technical support every time they come to your website or registration page.
- Reliability: Before you invest, make sure you check the reliability of the online event management software along with the reliability of the service provider. Conduct an in-depth due diligence of the vendor you choose by reading reviews and asking the opinions of others who are using it.
- Support facilities: Look for an event management solution that has support facilities. Once you opt for a solution, you might need hand holding while using it initially. Therefore a proper onboarding to the technology is an absolute must. Also, who is to say when there might be a glitch? Having a support facility is always advisable for the times you get stuck.
If you’d like to know more about how an event management software can help you, then get in touch today!