Tub transfer bench is a mobility device that usually used by those who have illness and disability, especially in case of taking bath or doing other thing in the bath room. They can use this kind of bench to help them bath without worry about their safety. There are actually two types of these devices. They are non sliding and sliding transfer bench.
Non Sliding Bench
This type comes in a vary kinds. Though, it basically consists of long seat, four legs and back rest. In using this bench, you have to move yourself to the tub because there is not roller or tires in it. Also, there are so many kinds for this type.
It is also known with names rolling bench. What makes it different is clear, this bench have rolling features. It is usually attached to a wheeled chair so it is more mobile and flexible in usability.
For installation, you can ask for help and advice from healthcare person. But these below might help you a bit:
- After the bench is assembled, then you have to install it to the tub. First, you have to place the 2 legs in the tub. For your information, the legs are adjustable, so you can adjust to any height you need or just match it with the tub size.
- While doing the first step, make sure also that the arm rest is in the same side with the far wall.
- Then, check whether you the bench have the same level by seeing the legs. The in tub legs and out of tub legs must have the same level so it will be safe to use.
- If the bench have back rest, make sure that it settles well.
- If your tub have curtain in it, you have to custom it also. Ask for help. Measure the length by closing the curtain, then cut in height of the tub. This will prevent the water to explode all over the bathroom which then can cause slippery.