After a long time, your simple seat cushion look old, boring or maybe broken. When it comes to patio chair, then the cushion maybe age because of rain, summer sun or another weather causes. That is why, why don’t we do DIY patio chair cushions to make it look like new? In recovering your old patio chair cushions, you may need fabric, flat head and phillips head screwdriver, needle plier, scissors, staple and staple gun and also black fabric. Here are the steps:
- Remove the old cushion in your chair. Use you screwdriver to pull off the old cushion.
- Then, lose the staples using a flat head screwdriver. Later, you will change the old fabric to the newest one.
- Then, you have to remove all the staples on the cushion. You can use screwdriver or you needle pliers. Ensure that no staples are left.
- Prepare the battling. Cut into the same shape of your cushion. Mark with pencil then cut with the scissor.
- Then, prepare the fabric. Next, you will cut the fabric and do the important step in making again your patio chair cushions.
- Use marker or pencil, anything that you think can be seen through the fabric. Then, place the battling.
- Add some inches over the battling and start to mark on the fabric.
- After ensured that the measurement is perfect, then you can cut the fabric with the scissors.
- Prepare the staple gun. Fold the fabric and make it neat. Then, staple to each edges and sides.
- Then, prepare the black fabric liner. Cut based upon the battling size.
- Next, place it on the top of the stapled cushion. Then, staple up to make it attached.
Voila! Now you can save more money by making your own cushions. Get ready to welcome the guests now.