After using the rocking chair, your furniture may need some refreshment. Does it still look beautiful? Is it time to change the rocking chair cushions yet? If you have already this rocking chair for at least five years, we think you should give up with the old ones. Get the new one! In making these cushions, you may spend about fifty to sixty dollar. Also, you will need foam, fabric, thread, needle, pins, marking pin and sewing machine. Why we suggest you to use sewing machine? Because this will give you better result than you sew by your own. These are the steps:
- First, you have to make template of the rocking chair cushions. Use brown paper to imitate the shape and size of the cushions. Later, it will be a help to the foam you are about to sew.
- After getting the template, you have to cut the foam. Also, we suggest you to use the comfortable foam with perfect inches they have. You can use the 2 inches for the seat, and the 3 or 4 for the back.
- Prepare the fabric, lay it down and insert the foam to the fabric. Using pins, you can start to measure the size of the fabric you are about to sew. Then, cut with scissors. Hold the fabric using pins while measuring.
- After that, you can pull out the foam; leave the pins still in the fabric. Then, prepare the marking pen. Trace around the pins.
- Then, you can start to sew the lines from the pins using sewing machine. The pins will help you to stay in line.
- After all the three sides are sewed, you can remove the pins.
- Then, insert the foam to the fabric. Trim away the fabric to quarter inch. Then, you can sew the back to make it closed. Then, you can place the cushions back to the rocking chair.