Do your wrought iron patio furniture look boring with its old paint? It may look old and classic though. But how if your eyes are irritated with the current colors? You are itchy to make it look new and interesting. Also, the treatment you give to the furniture will give longer durability and a better look. How if you paint black your wrought iron patio furniture? Black is a safe and neutral color that will match and blend with any condition. Since the furniture is placed outdoor, so painting them will also protect them from rust. Let’s do it!
- Scrub the rust. Since it is left outside, so the furniture easily rusts. Before you want to paint them with a new paint color, you have to remove away the rust. If it is painted before, remove also the old paint.
- Sand it. After removing the rust and old paint, then you have to sand the whole part with the sandpaper. This will create an ideal surface so the paint will attach well to the wrought iron. Also, it will create a good texture of the furniture.
- After finished, you can apply coat of primer using brush. This formula will prevent the next coming rust. Also, this will help the paint color to be seen as well as possible. You can choose a rust inhibiting primer in this step. The primer you can find the hardware store.
- After it dried completely, again you have to sand the wrought iron with a medium grid of sandpaper. Remove the tack cloth attached. Also, it will remove the metal flakes and dust.
- Last, you can star to paint the wrought iron. For this step, you can use ext-grade enamel paint. This will bring best result for patio purpose. Apply the pain in long and smooth strokes. Then, let it dry and it is ready to use again.