An antique school desk is just a solution to add a warm personality to your room. This desk will bring back the memories you had in school, or just sweeten your room instantly. Though, purchasing one might cost you more money. Why don’t you transform the exist desk in your room into a table you always dream of?
Making antique school desk means you crave for a old school, vintage or classic desk made from wood. Have one at home? Let’s do the transformation.
In doing this transformation, you will need wood (or table), palm sander, hammer, nails and keys, dark walnut stain, paint brush and link free rag.
- Sand the wood. This will make the wood look smooth, soft, worn and also loved. Use the palm sander in sanding your table. This will take at least 5 to 10 minutes or so, based on how smooth or rough the wood you want.
- An old desk usually have dings and also dents. Don’t break the desk, just add some by using hammer, chair or nails. This will add an old accent to the desk. Make some in some spots, so the desk look have been worn before.
- Prepare the dark walnut stain and the paint brush. The next procedure, you will paint the desk with this stain. Why do we choose the dark stain? Because you want to emphasize the old look to the desk.
- Then, paint the desk with the paint brush. Why do we suggest you to paint with brush? The help from the brush will make the desk more dark and naturally old. The dings and dents will also look naturally made.
- Then, you can leave them for couple minutes to make them stay and dry.
- After that, you can wipe gently the surface using the rag.