Making a good music need a focus and comfortable feeling. People who loves music, such as piano will spend their most time, hours to sit in the bench and practice their skill. Though, some may complain about the back pain. This will ruin your feeling. Then, no feeling in making music wont create a good music. That is why, making a piano bench cushion is much important and effective.
That is why, we invite you to DIY your own cushion. You will need sewing machine or needle and thread if you don’t have the machine, fabric in any pattern you like, 4 yards, scissor, tape measure, marker and 1 to 3 cotton stuffing.
- Measure the top size of the bench. Then write it down or you can just remember the number. Make sure that you measure it correctly.
- Mark the numbers into the fabric, using marker. Don’t forget to give extra space to sew each cushion shut. Then, cut the fabric.
- Lay the fabric and start the sewing process. Sew the 4 each sides shut.
- Then, stuff it with the cotton stuffing in the unsewed side of the fabric. Push gently to make it full and settle.
- Last, you sew the last open side shut.
- Check whether the sewing part is done well. Then, check again if it fits and look beautiful.
- If you want to check whether it is comfortable or not, you can sit on it and make some moves. Try to sit whether it is full stuff enough or you need some more.
If you want to have another DIY, you can use foam, fabric and strapler. You only need to measure the foam, choose the right thickness. Get it united with the bench, cover with the fabric and tighten using the strapler. Your cushion is done!