An antiquebathroom vanitycan add charm to your bathroom. Many people fall in love with antique bathroom fixtures because they have the typical charm that modern vanities fail to replicate and match. You can not pick out a random vanity. The first thing you need to consider is the bathroom itself. Has the room been set up with a vintage theme? It ensures that the décor goes in line with the appearance of the vanity. Select a vanity that has a distinctive look.
Where should you go for a rustic vanity? Though manufacturers seem to put more effort into creating modern bathroom fixtures, thankfully some are trying to serve consumers who love rustic pieces. You can shop around to find stores that sell antique and country bathroom vanities. How makes them different from the modern ones? Well, you are not a fan of old-fashioned items if you do not know how to recognize them.
If you are really a classic devotee, it is will be easy to recognize whether an item has a gushing charisma or not because there is something about classic items that sets them apart from others. There are many furniture stores you can visit. If you live in a small town, look them up on the internet. It is the perfect place to find sellers of old furnitureitems across the country. Remember that classic items are basically divided into two categories. The first one is real or original classic. This includes items that have been years old. They were produced years ago.
The second one is brand new products. What we like to point out is both types are actually different despite their obvious similarities. Most products that come from the past are handmade. Machinery was not as advanced as it is today. Nowadays, manufacturers prefer to pop every product out of a machine. Not saying that new furniture is bad, it is actually just as great but minus great craftsmanship. Craftsmanship is what makes a furniture item unique and feel more personal. Thus, if you want to purchase a real vintage vanity, it must be handcrafted, reclaimed, and old.
Privacy is invaluable. When you want to have a private room like vanity area in your bathroom, you have to spend more money to build this one. Though, basically all you need is a vanity buffet and sink (double sink if you want to have couple vanity). If you look for something feel at home vanity bathroom, then you have to add antique bathroom vanity.
Actually, making your own vanity is not really difficult. If you have already old buffet, then you can transform it to your vanity boards. You just have to prepare some stuffs such as the buffet itself, the double sink, tiles and mirrors.
To make over the old buffet, these are the ways :
– Remove the tops woods. This is meant for rebuilding the sink and the plumbing needs. Later, you will turn your old buffet to a brand new look traditional buffet.
– Then, add tiles on the tops the the buffet.
– Remove all the unused things in the buffet. Clean all the storage so you will save the room for the plumbing.
– We suggest you to ask for help in placing and building the plumbing installation.
– After the plumbing is done, then you can place the double sink attached to the tiles and the buffet.
– Then, replace the top to its earlier spots.
– Place mirror to each sink. So now you have your privatee vanity bathroom.
Here are also some tips :
– To prevent damage to the wood, you can use lemon oil. Apply some times so it will last longer.
– You can also use any buffet you can find at house. This is only about remodeling then getting new stuff with efforts.
Though then, antique bathroom vanity is a interesting project that you can do in some weekends. It feels more great when you can do something by your own and satisfied with it.